Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oh, Boston you're my home!

This isn't even remotely food related, but sometimes you just have to get things off your chest.

First, all is okay in my neck of the woods! I live about an hour west of Boston, which is both relieving and scary.  Relieving, because everyone I know is fine. 

Scary, because I have been on those roads.  I've spent entire days in the city, and for three years of grad school, the city was my second home.  I've always loved Boston, but spending so much time there made me fall in love again. 

I (and my friends and family) EASILY could have been in Boston yesterday for any number of reasons: there was a Red Sox game early in the day, there was a Bruins game scheduled for the evening, and it was a nice day out (and a holiday, though everyone I know had to work).  And, of course, the Marathon. 

So.  A million reasons to have been in the city, and I wasn't. 

I'm not "from" Boston in the literal sense of the word, but seeing the first responders and the outpouring of support makes me proud to be a Masshole.

The Boston Marathon hosts runners from all over the country and the world, so just in case you haven't seen these numbers yet:

If you're looking for someone: 617-635-4500
If you might have seen something: 800-494-TIPS

Also, Google has a person finder set up where you can share information: http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions/
 

 photo boston-city-skyline_zps44794a71.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment