Sunday, January 13, 2013

Boy, I Love Thin Mints!

I don't have a recipe for you today.  Instead, I want to talk to you about Girl Scout cookies.  Specifically, Thin Mints.  I'm drooling already.

My coworker's friend's daughter is selling Girl Scouts cookies this year.  I mentioned it to Joe and he was like "tell me when and how much, I'll start saving money now!"  Last weekend, my coworker sent Joe a text and told him she was taking orders now.  I didn't really know this until I brought the money into work, but apparently, we are getting 12 boxes of Thin Mints, a box of Samoas and two other things that I can't remember.

Joe has requested - nay, demanded - that I make something with some of the Thin Mints.  We already know to stash them in the freezer, but I guess that's just not good enough.

So far, I do have a couple of ideas, including thin mint truffles, thin mint chocolate chip cookies and thin mint scones (side note: I just mentioned this last one to Joe and he got all perky and intrigued).  We're getting LOTS of boxes so I'm sure I'll be able to make at least a few of the ideas I have.

How do you like to eat your GS cookies? Straight from the box, or do you like to do something special with them? Tell me all about it, I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment